WE SHARE – WE CARE
QCNC faced another challenging year of zoom meetings, masks, hand-sanitizers and distancing as we worked together to help meet the needs of those in our community. Our members, 26 strong and dedicated, are committed to making a positive difference in Northern Colorado while observing the Covid-19 guidelines and restrictions.
During 2020-2021, Quota Club of Northern Colorado donated funds to 29 services, projects, non-profit organizations and members of our community. Estate Sales, our major fundraiser, provides the resources we share to enhance the well-being of those in our community.
2020 – 2021 Recipients of QCNC Funds:
- Homeward Alliance Mobile Laundry
- Food Bank of Larimer County
- McKinney students – Poudre School District
- Project Self-Sufficiency
- Larimer County Hearing Aid Bank
- NOCO Red Cross Fire Relief
- Jr. High Emergency Closet
- Fort Collins Children’s Theater
- College Scholarships for DHH or audiology students
- MS Walk -Colorado/Wyoming
- Colorado School for Deaf and Blind
- Faith Family Hospitality
- Loveland Youth Gardeners
- Aspen Camp for Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing Youth
- Front Range Community College Special Needs Students
- Children’s Speech and Reading Center
- Neighbor to Neighbor
- United Way Child Care Fund
- Weld County Food Bank
- Crossroads Safe House
- Disabled Resources
- PSD Audiology
- Children’s Hospital Hearing Test
- Habitat for Humanity
2022 Note: We are greatly saddened by the sudden and tragic wildfire in Boulder County. QCNC members are individually finding ways to volunteer to assist the victims of this horrific event and the Club is donating $1,000.00 to the Boulder Community Foundation.
Who Are We and How Did Quota Begin?
The Founding Members of Quota Club International, Inc.
(1919 – 1925) Quota Club International, Inc. was founded by Wanda Frey Joiner & 5 female executives in Buffalo, New York, USA, 1 year before U.S. women won the right to vote. Quota Int’l became the first international, women-only service organization in the world in 1925. The members supported the Red Cross & volunteered for war & defense projects during WWII. (I940) Quota Int’l of Fort Collins was founded. (2019) Quota International celebrated 100 years of outstanding service around the world. The Fort Collins chapter changed its name and became Quota Club of Northern Colorado.
You must be logged in to post a comment.